- Rhymes: -??(r)s
- To repeat, as what
has been already said; to tell over again; to recite.
- There's no need to rehearse the same old argument; we've heard it before, and we all agree.
- To narrate; to
relate; to tell.
- The witness rehearsed the events of the night before for the listening detectives.
- To practice by
recitation or repetition in private for experiment and improvement,
prior to a public representation; as, to rehearse a tragedy.
- The lawyer advised her client to rehearse her testimony before the trial date.
- To cause to rehearse; to instruct by rehearsal.
- The director rehearsed the cast incessantly in the days leading up to opening night, and as a result they were tired and cranky when it arrived.
repeat what has already been said
- Finnish: toistaa, kerrata
- Hungarian: ismétel
narrate or tell
- Hungarian: elmesél
practice by repetition or recitation
to cause rehearse or instruct by rehearsal
add up, allegorize, announce, apprentice, battologize, break, break in, break the news, breed, bring up, bring word, cast up, cipher up, condition, count up, cultivate, describe, detail, develop, discipline, drill, exercise, fable, fabulize, fetch up, fictionalize, figure up, fill, fit, foot up, form, foster, give a report, give an encore, give tidings of, go over, go through, groom, house-train, housebreak, improve, inform, inventory, itemize, iterate, lick into shape, mythicize, mythify, mythologize, narrate, novelize, nurse, nurture, pad, practice, prepare, put in tune, put to school, raise, ready, reaffirm, rear, reassert, recap, recapitulate, recite, reckon up, recount, rehash, reissue, reiterate, relate, repeat, report, reprint, restate, resume, retail, retell, review, reword, romance, rumor, run over, run through, say over, say over again, score up, send to school, state, storify, study, sum, sum up, summarize, summate, take in hand, tally up, tautologize, tell, tell a story, tot up, total, total up, tote up, train, unfold a tale, write up